4 Things To Know In Advance When Looking For Forklift Rental
If you need a forklift truck for a short period of time or to complete a specific task, forklift rental is a decent solution for you. You can easily find reputable forklift rental services in Atlanta that offer all popular types of forklifts in a range of capacities. Some of the popular types of forklifts include narrow aisle, electric rider, motorized hand, and sit-down rider forklifts. When considering renting a forklift there are a few important things you need to take into account. Continuing with the subject, in this blog, we share some of the notable things to know in advance for a seamless forklift rental experience.
1. Load range and Lift height: It is important to know the maximum load capacity range and the maximum lifting height for your loads.
• The lift height will determine the type of mast you need. Measure the height of the space you require the forklift to clear, making sure the mast will fit at its lowest height.
• If you want to ascertain the accurate load capacity, it is advised to consult the load chart keeping in mind that an average forklift has 5000lb capacity.
2. The size and shape of the loads: It is important to consider the shape and size of the loads you want to lift.
• The shape and size of the loads matters as you may require a specific attachment to be able to handle them. For example, if you are handling poles or long beams that require a sling to lift, you will need a heavy-duty crane hook attachment.
• It is recommended to attach the correct attachment to your rental forklift and some of the available attachments include clamp attachments, long forks attachments, and crane attachments.
3. Working environment: The working environment is also an important thing to consider, especially with regards to whether you will be working indoors or outdoors.
• If you are going to be working in a warehouse, you will require a truck that produces low or zero emissions. Electric forklifts that are powered by rechargeable batteries are the common choice for indoor use.
• You can also go for LPG forklifts or diesel forklifts with tier 4 engines that can operate both indoors and outdoors.
• If you are going to operate outdoors, you will need a diesel forklift with pneumatic tires.
4. Type of tires: Getting a forklift truck with the right tires makes it easy to safely handle loads. This is why it is important to consider the type of tires that are suitable for the type of surface around your work area.
• Forklift trucks come with a specific type of tires, for example, pneumatic tires are suitable for an outdoor environment with rough terrain and uneven surfaces.
• Cushion tires are made from solid rubber to provide lower ground clearance and less traction. They are intended for smooth, level outdoor surfaces and indoor floors.
The final word
The above-listed elements are important to keep in mind when you are going for forklift rental as they help you to choose a truck that can efficiently and safely handle your loads. There are many established forklift rental services providers in Atlanta that give you easy access to different types of forklift trucks and attachments. Search for a reputable forklift rental service provider that can extend affordable forklift rental deals on a well-maintained fleet.