One of the most common ways to keep your business stocked with the forklifts you require for daily operation is to consider buying a used forklift for sale in Atlanta as it is affordable and convenient. Reputable and major brands such as Caterpillar and Toyota offer forklifts that can last for more than 20000 hours only with proper maintenance, meaning used forklifts can be a worthy investment.
This is why it is important to make sure that you do your research and only buy from a reliable and reputable forklift dealer in Atlanta to make sure you get a fair deal. Accurate Forklift is your place to be in Atlanta as we are able to thoroughly answer any questions you have and provide you with forklift history details. Here is what to explore for when buying a used forklift.
A Test Drive
- It is important to first check out the used forklift for sale you are planning to buy and check what kind of condition it is in the interior and exterior, and ask the dealer to take the forklift for a test drive.
- When conducting the test drive, make it a point to test things such as the brakes, steering and lifting mechanism since they are more prone to develop faults due to wear and tear.
It is important to consider asking for used forklift’s documentation including:
- Relevant manual documentation
- Check manufacturer’s identity and capacity plates
- Original labels and warning documentation
- CE mark on the forklift
- CE certificate
- LOLER certificate
In case the forklift’s original warranty has expired, make sure you secure a warranty from the forklift dealer. Accurate Forklift will offer their own warranties, giving buyers peace of mind that they are not going to get caught out by any unexpected breakdowns the moment the forklift is delivered at their site.
Previous Mechanical Work
- Getting to know the previous mechanical work that has been carried out on the forklift, this could include anything from a quick clean and forklift service, or even a full overhaul. This is because previous mechanical work can impact the value of the used forklift in the long-run.
- In case the forklift has had a simple lick of paint that may have a lower lifespan compared to the one that has had several brand new parts installed. Understanding this kind of information on time can be helpful in maintaining the forklift going forwards.
- While you might get an affordable deal on a used forklift from a forklift dealer, it is important to consider the situation that could leave you in if the unit breaks down.
- This is why buying your used forklift from a reputable forklift dealer means that you have access to aftercare services in the event of a breakdown. This will be beneficial in the long-term as you will gain more value compared to any kind of price knock-down upfront.
At Accurate Forklift we provide a comprehensive range of used forklifts for sale in Atlanta and we are ready to deliver to your site at your convenience. To find out more about our used forklift and services, call us on 770-692-1455 or email enquiries at email@example.com.