For companies that use forklifts every day, there is sometimes a dilemma on whether to buy or rent a forklift. When investing,
your own forklift may be good for a company which needs it all the time, the flip side might be true for those that use the equipment every once in a while.
If you use different types of forklifts to complete different tasks, you are also better off renting one. Many entities end up feeling cheated after renting out
forklifts that are not in good condition, overpriced, or simply unsuitable for the job at hand.
Forklifts that lack proper servicing break down numerous times and the rental company takes long to replace it, leaving you with unsustainable downtimes.
Next time you go searching for a forklift for rent
consider the following:
- Get a dealer with a wide range of clean, well serviced lift trucks, so that even when you need a different kind of forklift they can easily exchange it for you, with some adjustments in the rental fee. This is advantageous when the forklift you are using breaks down, they can easily replace it.
- Ensure that your forklift dealer has a fully equipped forklift service shop with experienced technicians who can be dispatched to fix any faulty machine on site. In case of small faults they should not delay you from achieving your daily target.
- What is the range of the load your forklift is expected to carry? You must be clear about this one so that you get a forklift which can manage the job you need it to do.
- What kind of environment are you working in? Whether indoors or outdoors, rough or smooth terrain, it should be specified. This will help the dealer give you the right forklift. Else if you get a forklift which is meant to work in warehouses for an outdoor job, it might easily get damaged.
- How long would you like to use the forklift? Decide depending on the nature of your operation, how long you will need the forklift. Though renting for a short time might be quite pricy, most dealers have different reasonable rates to customers who rent a machine for an extended period of time.
- Be clear about the rental contract. Be sure that your dealer will be the one to service and maintain the lift trucks. Ask if they will give you an operator or you will need to get one by yourself.
- Finally, inspect the forklift before it is moved to the site. Take note of any faults and inform the dealer about them. If you are not comfortable with the truck request a replacement.
There are a number of seasoned forklift leasing companies in the Atlanta area that boast extensive fleets featuring different makes and models. Go for one that provides a reputable service with reasonable rental rates, to make the most out of the machinery.
20 thoughts on “Forklift Rental Tips to Remember”
These are some great tips for renting a forklift. We will only need one for one job at our house, so I don’t think we need to buy one. I like your tip about finding a company with a wide variety of forklifts to choose from. We don’t know which one we’ll need, so options would be nice.
My sister has a big shipment coming next week and we need extra forklifts to be used in our warehouse. I don’t think that buying new ones would be cost effective so we decided that renting would be wise. I’ll be sure to thoroughly check the contract once we find a company to hire. Thanks for the great tips!
I like how you say that you need to consider how much a forklift will carry. It would be good to find this out first to know how big of a lift you need. You would also want to be sure to be properly licensed and trained.
I liked that you had mentioned that when it comes to hiring a forklift that it can be important to make sure that it will be able to handle all of your needs to get the job done. My wife and I have been helping a friend move into a larger home and since he has a large inventory of things that he had owned from a previous company, we need to move the pallets out. We’ll have to start looking around for a forklift that can move everything from his garage to the truck without a problem.
I like that you provided some tips on how to rent the best forklift such as choosing the right dealership who could provide the necessary equipment for you. It is recommended that you choose one which has basically all of the units that you need for your construction needs. This way, if anything goes wrong with one of the machines, you can always have it replaced by another one without delaying business operations. If I were to rent some construction equipment, I would make sure to keep this in mind. Thanks.
The most helpful part of your article for me is when you talked about how you must make sure to ask the forklift rental company that you’re considering if they will provide you an operator or not. My husband is in need to rent a forklift for the project he’s interested in. Since he doesn’t know anybody who can operate the forklift that he’s looking to rent, it will be essential for him to make sure that the rental company that he will choose will also provide the operator that he needs. I will make sure to share your blog with my husband. Thanks!
I need to get a forklift. It makes sense that renting one would be a good idea! I’ll make sure that I get one that’s geared to be able to pick up what I need to have moved.
I like how you said you should find a dealer who has a wide range of lift trucks and equipment in case you find out you need a different type of truck. This will help you avoid the need to find another company to rent from. I’m going to remember this when I am searching for a forklift to rent for my construction project.
Amazing! Its genuinely amazing article, I have got much clear idea concerning from this paragraph.
That’s interesting that you should know the range of the load that the forklift is going to have to carry so that when you’re renting you get the correct one that can handle your work. My dad loves to build things around the house and was telling me he needed a forklift for something he wanted to do with his barn. I’ll have to tell him that when he’s going to an equipment rental place that he needs to know how much everything will weight so they get him the correct forklift for the job.
Thanks for the terrific post
It works very well for me
I enjoy the report
Thank you for the excellent post
I might need to get a forklift for a project of mine. It makes sense that I would want to rent one! I’ll be sure to take good care of it if it gets damaged.
My dad is planning to renovate his warehouse and be able to add another storage for the grains. It was explained here that it will be best to hire people are fully equipped forklift service. Moreover, it’s advisable to hire professional equipment rental company for quality services.
I find it interesting that you said that business owners should choose the right forklift based on whether it will be used either on rough or smooth terrain that is found either outdoors or indoors. Aside from that, my tip for owners is to get a custom mobile yard ramp system. If, for example, it needs to carry items from a delivery truck to an indoor warehouse, using the ramp will help make its journey to and from each location easier and safer.
Thank you so much for sharing your worthy tips, and I’m waiting for more interesting tips
My friend needs a forklift at his workplace. I appreciate that you explained to mention to the forklift company what kind of environment you work in so you can get the right forklift. Thank you for the advice. I’ll share this information with my friend so he can provide the information to the company and get the right forklift for the job.
I can understand how a business could really benefit from getting the right equipment in order to be more productive. Making sure that they can rent from a professional could help them be more productive. It was interesting to learn about how they should manage the load that they need to carry, and handle the environment it needs to get around.