Forklifts enjoy widespread use in different industries for a variety of lifting and hauling requirements for heavy and bulky items. That is perhaps the reason why they are something of a permanent prominent feature on OSHA violations list. Violations often involve use of wrong forklift accessories, lack of operator training, failure to install oem forklift parts, and inadequate forklift service. The importance of good forklift maintenance can never be overemphasized. Let’s take a look at some of the attributes of a well-maintained forklift truck.
Attributes of a Well-Maintained Forklift
- Tires and wheels must be in a safe working condition
- The battery must be in a good working condition and fully charged at all times
- There must be no jerks or jumps when operating the clutch and gearshift
- All brakes must be in a position to stop a truck that is loaded to capacity. This includes the deadman brake
- The horn, reverse alarm, and other safety sounds must be working and clearly audible
- All gauges and lights must be working properly
- All liquid levels (fuel, water, and oil) must be maintained at safe levels by eliminating leaks
- All restraints, including seatbelts, must be present and operational
- Tilt mechanism must move freely and hold properly
- There must be no damage (wear, cracks) to the forks, hydraulics, and lift mechanism
- Forks must be free of any sort of dirt including grease and oils
- Only standard forklift accessories must be used or installed. Refer to the user manual or speak to your forklift dealer if unsure.
- Only oem forklift parts or compatibles recommended by the manufacturer must be installed.
- The forklift must not produce and suspicious noises when you run the engine or get to work
We are your Partner!
If you are looking for a forklift dealer that gives you access to a full gamut of forklifts, forklift accessories, forklift parts, and related services, Accurate Forklift is your destination. We offer used, and salvage forklifts for sale, as well as forklift accessories and parts. Our forklift technicians are also well placed to help you with the best advice for your maintenance and workplace safety efforts. Call today to discuss your requirement with an expert and hear how we can help. Just dial 770-692-1455 or mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1 thought on “The Ultimate Guide to Keeping your Forklifts in Tip-Top Condition”
I feel this is among the so much vital information for
me. And i am glad reading your article. But wanna commentary on few general issues,
The website taste is perfect, the articles is really great : D.
Good activity, cheers